Frank carries on a litigation and advocacy practice, covering a broad spectrum of practice areas. His background in mechanical engineering and construction lends itself particularly to product liability, construction, property, and professional liability claims, where complex technical and legal issues often intersect.
Frank has argued cases before all Ontario Courts, with appearances before the Ontario Court of Justice, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (including the Commercial List and the Divisional Court), and the Ontario Court of Appeal, and has successfully opposed applications for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also argued cases before various administrative tribunals, including the Labour Relations Board, the Health Professionals Appeal and Review Board, and the Pension Appeals Board, and other tribunals and professional disciplinary committees.
Prior to joining Dolden Wallace Folick, Frank was a partner at a Toronto litigation boutique, as well as practicing for several years at a commercial litigation boutique earlier in his career.
His practice areas include the following:
- Represented lawyers, insurance adjusters, trustees, engineers, veterinarians, and other professionals, and professional regulators themselves, in negligence and civil claims.
- Acted for clients at all levels of the construction pyramid in both insured and uninsured claims.
- Handled construction lien, directors’ liability, and trust claims.
- Provided advice and litigation representation to insurers in commercial general liability, errors & omissions, property, and auto matters.
- Acted for professional liability insurer in civil litigation matters.
Commercial General Liability
- Regularly act as defence counsel for insurers and their insureds in claims for civil liability related to property damage and personal injury.
- Act for designers, manufacturers, and distributors of consumer and industrial products, including valves, foods, medical devices, and chemicals, in claims for property damage, personal injury, and pure economic loss.
- Acted for healthcare providers and manufacturers of medical devices in malpractice claims.
- Acted for a number of professionals in regulatory matters.
- Acted for professional regulators themselves, and their officers or employees, in civil litigation matters.
- Handled subrogated claims including product liability claims and complex property damage claims.
- Handled commercial disputes involving shareholder disputes, receiverships, contract claims, and collection matters, including at the Toronto Commercial List.
- Provided representation and advice to both employers and employees in claims including wrongful dismissal, employment standards, and human rights complaints, as well as providing general employment advice to employers.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Ontario Bar Association
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Ontario (2008)
- A.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics), University of Toronto (2003)
- B., University of Alberta (2007)