May 26, 2017
Associate Announcement – May 2017
The partners are very pleased to announce that Jonathan Weisman has joined the firm’s Vancouver office; and Amelia Martin has joined the firm’s Kelowna office.
Jonathan Weisman, Dolden Wallace Folick Vancouver
Tel: 604-891-0360 Email: email@example.com
Jonathan has worked with insurers and their insureds from the outset of his legal career. He enjoys the challenge of providing clear strategic advice in complex situations.
Jonathan joined Dolden Wallace Folick after practising in a boutique litigation firm for five years. Before that, he worked with a leading regional firm after moving to Vancouver in 2009. He has previously practiced in Toronto and Barbados, and clerked in Port-of-Spain with the Caribbean Court of Justice in 2006.
Jonathan has acted in a variety of matters before all levels of Court in British Columbia, including:
- construction deficiencies
- subrogated construction and property damage claims
- builders’ lien matters
- coverage disputes involving CGL policies, boiler and machinery coverage, and life and disability claims
- professional negligence disputes
- strata and society disputes
- general commercial litigation including conflict of laws, contract disputes, property rights, and corporate and securities litigation
- estate litigation
Jonathan has taught business law at SFU and regularly contributes to professional and public legal education. He has been honoured as one of Access Pro Bono’s top contributors to public legal services, and is active in his local community, serving on the Boards of the Canadian Club of Vancouver and the Dunbar Community Centre Association.
Amelia Martin, Dolden Wallace Folick Kelowna
Tel: 250-980-5588 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amelia Martin joined Dolden Wallace Folick in 2017. Amelia’s practice focuses on insurance defence litigation including bodily injury, occupier’s liability, property damage and professional negligence.
Amelia’s representative work includes:
- Acting for insurers on subrogated claims;
- Defending bodily injury claims, including motor vehicle accidents and occupier’s liability claims; and
- Acting for insurers in product liability and property damage claims.
Amelia has advocated for clients at all stages of the litigation process including settlement conferences, interlocutory applications, summary trial applications, mediation and trials. She has appeared before the British Columbia Provincial and Supreme Courts, as well as the BC Human Rights Tribunal, and the Ontario Provincial and Superior Courts. Amelia has also represented clients before professional regulatory bodies.
Prior to joining Dolden Wallace Folick, Amelia practiced at a top regional firm in litigation, in personal injury, and professional liability.
Amelia is a member of the Canadian Bar Association. She holds an Honours B.A. from Wilfrid Laurier Univerity and a J.D. from the University of Ottawa.